Boats have been a symbol of opulence and extravagance for centuries, and owning a high-end vessel is a dream for many people. The most expensive boats in the world are often sold at auction, and these sales can reach eye-watering amounts. Here are some of the most expensive boats that have sold on auction.
- The superyacht ‘History Supreme’ is said to be the most expensive boat in the world, sold for an estimated $4.5 billion. Made from 100,000 kg of gold and platinum, this superyacht is a true masterpiece of luxury and design. The yacht was created by UK-based luxury designer Stuart Hughes and was sold to an unknown buyer in 2014.
- The ‘Lady Moura’ is a motor yacht that was built in 1990 and is considered one of the most luxurious boats in the world. The yacht features a pool, a helipad, and a beach club, among other amenities. It was sold at auction for $210 million in 2016.
- ‘Al Mirqab’ is a motor yacht that was built in 2008 and is one of the largest yachts in the world, with a length of 133 meters. The yacht features ten guest cabins, a cinema, a gym, and a pool, among other amenities. It was sold at auction for $250 million in 2016.
- ‘Azzam’ is a motor yacht that was built in 2013 and is considered one of the largest yachts in the world, with a length of 180 meters. The yacht features an indoor swimming pool, a gym, a spa, and a cinema, among other amenities. It was sold at auction for $350 million in 2013.
- ‘Romeo’ is a motor yacht that was built in 2009 and features six guest cabins, a cinema, a gym, and a pool, among other amenities. It was sold at auction for $120 million in 2016.
These yachts are not only symbols of luxury and extravagance and are designed to offer the ultimate in comfort, style, and functionality, and the prices they fetch at auction reflect their value and rarity. Whether you are a boat enthusiast or just someone who appreciates luxury, these boats are truly a sight to behold.
In conclusion, the world of luxury boats is one that is constantly evolving and these boats are a testament to the level of craftsmanship, design, and engineering that is possible in this field. The prices they command at auction are a reflection of their status as truly unique and valuable assets. If you ever have the chance to experience one of these yachts, you will understand why they are so sought after by the wealthy and famous.